Sunday, April 27, 2014

May 8th

The big day is coming. May 8, 2014 will be the last day I be the program manager of an all girls group home. It has been six years. Six amazing and hard years, but it's time I move on to the next phase of my life.

Rather, maybe the last phase of my life... It's all kind of confusing at this point. I went to massage school and owned my own practice for years. When I injured my shoulders I stumbling into social work and stumbled into the lives of ten girls living in a house. And now with newly rehabbed shoulders I move back to massage and the life I once knew. This time I hope with greater perspective and more gratitude.

May 8th.

It sounds like a holiday. It sounds like a premiere of something. But it also feels heavy.  My dear friend Liz keeps reminding me that change is hard, but it is also necessary. She as always is right. I think over the course of the next few weeks I will have to reflect on what this new (old) chapter will look like and what the past six years have meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment